waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 22-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Default R53

With the new head/cam, I am hoping/expecting, about 300 bhp. About the limit of the
M 45 supercharger. Its currently 218whp/183 wtq.
I have a 17% reduced charger pulley. The next step will be larger supercharger or turbo.
Would like to be 350 bhp + I believe in the "Do it once", school of thought.
I want the system to be able to complement my future upgrades.
Old 22-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

On estep at a time, you enjoy it more, The HFS-4 should serve you well into the next few stages. Mini does not like water as much as 100% methanol. Again, you will probably prove me wrong.

Jeff howereton is the person that will give you the best advice. He will provide your with a comprehensive installation instruction for sure.
Old 23-02-2012, 05:25 AM

Hi Richard I just joined in for the GB. I will be installing this on my 2009 N54 BMW 335. It is a standard and currently full bolt ons running either the JB4 or Cobb (I switch on different days trying to pick one). I'm looking forward to seeing what this kit can do with these tunes. Just to make sure, is the failsafe included, or do I depend on my tune for that? Thanks.

edit: I wanted to add that my chargepipe has two meth bungs, does this have all the nozzles I need? And what size would you recommend running? I've heard either dual CM10's for an example, or one CM7 and one CM10. Thanks again

Last edited by thesalg; 23-02-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 23-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The HFS-4 is well equipped with failsafe output for all the popular tuners on the N54 platforum:

JB4: ......... voltage based flow signal
Procede: ........... voltage based (PPS) and pulsed based (PWM)
Cobb/other flash tuner: ............. Boost cut for the time being. A map switch output if and when they come out with a MAP switch option.

The System come with two meth bungs (1/8 NPT), hust drill, tap and loctitle onto your current charge pipe). As you are US based. Jeff will look after you with the correct jets before despatch. (2x1mm + 1 spare of your choice). For this platforum, we recommend 2x 1mm jet, spraying approximately 800cc+/min of water/methanol mix.

Which part of US are you located and how did you hear of this GB?
Old 23-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The HFS-4 is well equipped with failsafe output for all the popular tuners on the N54 platforum:

JB4: ......... voltage based flow signal
Procede: ........... voltage based (PPS) and pulsed based (PWM)
Cobb/other flash tuner: ............. Boost cut for the time being. A map switch output if and when they come out with a MAP switch option.

The System come with two meth bungs (1/8 NPT), hust drill, tap and loctitle onto your current charge pipe). As you are US based. Jeff will look after you with the correct jets before despatch. (2x1mm + 1 spare of your choice). For this platforum, we recommend 2x 1mm jet, spraying approximately 800cc+/min of water/methanol mix.

Which part of US are you located and how did you hear of this GB?
Thank you Richard. I am in New York, USA. I heard about the GB by looking for an HFS-3 system and saw that HFS-4 had finally come out.
Old 23-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Dave,
I suggest running a 1mm nozzle before the SC, allowing some cooling on the S/C running gear, it will help to increase the reduce the hot S/C heating up the incoming air. The consumption may be higher but it is only water.

Tank wise, Jeff is more equipped with this department. All USA GB will be shipped from N.cal, so please contact Jeff for a indepth discussion.
Richard,

I am still working out the tank details with Jeff and I may end up getting a Twin Tank System, but I am curious about my usage as want to make sure I have a big enough tank but not too big.

If I run that 1mm nozzle considering normal daily driving how much Water/Meth will I get through in say 350 miles which is about my normal duration on a tank of gas, about 11 to 12 gallons worth of gasoline.

Can you give me a rough estimate of my water/meth usage?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 23-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

A twin tank should last you two fills unless you are always in a hurry from A to B.
Old 24-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick6732 View Post
Richard,

I am still working out the tank details with Jeff and I may end up getting a Twin Tank System, but I am curious about my usage as want to make sure I have a big enough tank but not too big.

If I run that 1mm nozzle considering normal daily driving how much Water/Meth will I get through in say 350 miles which is about my normal duration on a tank of gas, about 11 to 12 gallons worth of gasoline.

Thanks,
Dave
Richard,

Should I consider using a MAP sensor with this system considering I will have up to 12 psi of boost? I am not sure if there is a MAP sensor on the M44's from the factory, I doubt it though, that being the case what sort of sensor would be suitable if needed?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 24-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The system can be configurated to read absolute (0-5V), 2-bar and 3-bar MAP sensor. You can use the 0-5V input for any load related sensors such as mass air, throttle angle etc.

Choose your MAP sensor to match your boost pressure. Up to 15 psi for a 2-bar and upto 30psi for a 3-bar sensor.

On eof the more popular map sensor is made by GM, availoable in 1, 2 3-bar range. The HFS-4 has 0V and 5V output to power it. Requires a custom cable, not costly.
Old 24-02-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick6732 View Post
Richard,

Thanks,
Dave
Richard,

still working out the tank situation before the Group Buy closes and I have a question:

How thick of a tank wall will the tank adaptor and filter and the float level work with? What is the minimum and maximum wall thickness they can accomodate???

Thanks,
Dave